Author: P. David Lashmar
ISBN / Order Code: 978-0-9936714-7-0
"A safe and inexpensive 'social media website' that you can set up on your classroom wall to teach responsible student social networking behaviour."
You need a resource to help your young students learn social skills in a fun and collaborative way. Curricket webbyNET is a safe and inexpensive “social media website” that you can set up on your classroom wall to teach responsible social networking behavior. webbyNet is formatted in the same basic configuration as a real, online social media page, so students learn the basics of social media.
Most young students get into the habit of connecting with friends and family via social media, so it is important to provide them a space and a medium to learn the simple etiquettes and ways to communicate online.
Recommended for Grades 1 through 6, webbyNet provides this space for young students and allows them to personalize their page with their photos, express their artistic individuality via the art banner section, connect with friends by leaving messages on sticky notes, and communicate with other students in a fun and interactive way. Most importantly, these are all done in a safe and controlled classroom environment.
- Provide a safe and controlled environment for students to learn the basics of using social media platforms.
- Personalize the page with a student picture or self-portrait.
- Use the art banner section for personal artistic expression.
- Assess student satisfaction with the daily mood status indicator that can accommodate stickers (not included) or homemade paper emoticons.
- Have students write about themselves in the lined, mini autobiography area.
- Display student work or "posts" on the standard letter size paper area.
- Leave messages from other students or the teacher on the standard 3" x 3" (7.5 cm x 7.5 cm) sticky notes (not included) section.
Improve your students’ social skills by teaching the basics and importance of social networking behavior early on by ordering Curricket webbyNet now!
- Recommended for Grades: 1-6
- Curriculum Alignments: Ontario, Common Core State Standards, International
- Individual Panel Size: 33 cm x 48 cm (13" x 19")
- Total weight: 10 g
- Print Finish: Low-glare (matte)
- Paper Type: Durable 32 lb (120 gsm)
- Environmental Stats: 30% Post Consumer Content, FSC Certified, Green Seal Certified